Hello there! It’s finally here. The recipe.! Sorry it took quite long. But now I’ve done it. If you try it do share with me.
- Phudina leaves (Mint) 100g
- 50g coriender
- 3 green chilly
- lemon juice
mix all the ingredients in food processor and add in little water and make a nice paste. if you need more water than add it but don’t let the chutney get too watery.(Or it won’t taste that good)
KHAJUR AMALI CHUTNEY
- 100 g khajoor (Dates)
- 100 g amli (Tamarind)
- Gud (Jaggery, If you don’t find it where you live, use brown sugar or muscovado sugar)
- coriander seed powder
- cumin seed powder
- 1 pinch red chilli powder
- Take two bowls put in the dates and tamarind in each soak it in hot water for an hour and half.
- Take out the seeds.
- Put Dates, Tamarind, Jaggery, water in food processor and make a paste.
- Now Tamarind has fibers so you’ll have to seperate the paste with a muslin cloth/fabric.
- Add little water to the paste.
- Now add in salt, red chili powder, coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder to your taste. And mix well.
- Yogurt/curd – 500 gm
- salt to taste
- sugar 2 table sp.
Beat the curd. Add salt and sugar. And mix it.
Now put both the chutney and yogurt mixture in refrigerator.
- urad dal(Split Black gram) -250 g
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
- green chilly 2 to 3 seed
- 500ml Warm water/buttermilk(to soak the vadas in)
- ghee(purified butter)/oil -1/2 tea sp. for tadka(tempering)
- cumin ¼ tea sp.
- chat masala
- red chilly powder
- roasted cumin powder
- Coriander leaves
- Soak udad dal over night, & drain water.
- add salt & chopped green chilly and make smooth paste in food processor.
- Now transfer it into a bowl and beat it well for like 15-20 mins.(Let the air get in the mixture)
- make small sized balls, deep fry them on medium flame until they’re light brown.
- Take them out and soak them in warm water or butter milk for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins squeeze the water out and put them in a plates in which you gonna serve.
1. Take a pan and add ghee/oil.
2. Add the cumin seeds let it crackle.
- Poor the tadka on vadas.
- now add in the fudina & khjoor amli chutney, yogurt mixture, chat masala, roasted cumin powder, red chilly powder and Coriander leaves
Ok, It does seem complex and long recipe. But you can always use the chutneys with other chats as well. And the taste is worth the effort.