Hello there..! How are you doing? Hope you’re well and having a really nice day.
So May is one of those months when so many people I know have anniversaries and birthdays including myself plus Mother’s day is just around the corner. And I was thinking of what to do and I came across this photo in which I made a canvas quote for a friend on his birthday last year(I think it was last year). So I thought I’ll share this here as it gave me an idea on what to gift my mom dad on their anniversary which is on 14th May. I’ll make another post on what I make for them later.(You know can’t ruin surprise.)
- So all I did here was take a canvas (choose the size according to how long your quote will be) and than had a really old book which was sitting there.
- I took out some really shabby looking pages(make sure those pages have good nice things written, you don’t want sad upsetting suicidal thoughts on your gift) and stick them with glue+water mixture.(before you start sticking the pages on canvas wait.. keep reading, read till the end and than start your project.)
- So, Before you stick them arrange them and see how they look, arrange it in different ways until you are satisfied. OK go ahead FREEZE THEM…!(imagine the Lego movie villain, haha)
- Let it dry over night.
- Next morning write down your quote(keep it light, you don’t want it to be visible through the color you apply.)
- Next I took some black poster color(You can use whatever color you want just make sure they are visible on the background you choose). I honestly should have gone for ink instead as it would be better finish.
- Ok let it dry.
- Next day wrap it up and GIFT IT..!! (got real excited there)
Hope you give it a try and if you do you can tweet me the picture with #GIFTAQUOTE. I would love to see. And if you are real great with brushes and colors go ahead and use the background and make some masterpiece. Because it doesn’t have to be only quote. It can be anything you want. Have a great day.
Loads of love. Take good care of yourselves all you lovely people.
TUDles..! ❤ ❤ ❤ ..!!