This one is very light and honestly very tasty dish. As you can figure out its main ingredients are lemon and rice.
I’ll write the recipe down here. This is my sister’s recipe. So don’t you anybody dare say anything bad about it.(Just Kidding…) Because it tastes really good.
2 cup rice
1 tspn chana dal (Bengal Gram splits)
1 tspn udad dal (Black Gram splits)
1/2 tspn mustard seeds
1/4 tspn turmeric
1 pinch hing(asafoetida)
10-12 curry leaves
2 small dry red chilies
2 small green chilies(finely chopped)
1 medium size lemon
salt to taste
Coriander/Parsley for garnish
- Boil the rice.(This is the way we cook rice but if you have a rice cooker than you can go for your method as well)
-Wash the rice properly.
-Boil the water.
-Add in the rice and salt to taste.
-Wait till the water is absorbed in the rice.
-Put a lid on and let it cook.
- Now it’s time to tadka(temper) the rice. Take a Medium size pot and add oil and wait till it’s warm.
- Add the chana dal and udad dal.
- Add the mustard seeds. wait till it crackles properly now add the red chilies. Now add hing(asafoetida) and curry leaves.
- Add chopped green chilies. Saute it for half a minute.
- Now add in the cooked rice.
- Mix it properly.
- Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. It’s almost done. Take it off the heat and garnish it with finely chopped coriander/parsley leaves.
It tastes best with chicken curry or any kind of curry. Although I prefer to eat it alone just like that. Or sometimes with a cup of masala chai(tea) on winter evenings.
TUDles.. ❤ ❤ ❤